Wednesday, January 30, 2013

London



Hi friends, London has new fans. What a crazy and kicking city.
Thanks you for sharing your tipps with me!

We were so busy absorbing the dynamic of the city, that we didn´t make it into any museum (shame, shame). Besides a Bus and Thames Boat Tour we wore our feet out by running through the city all day long. We got glimpses of Soho (Denmark street was Michaels guitar heaven), Hackney, Shoreditch - thanks to Camilla, what an inspiring area. Next time, I´d like to stay here too.

Elisa, I loved Ryantown and the other little shops on Columbia Road. We´ve also been to Camden, it was as crowded as expected and Little Venice was a nice, quiet retreat afterwards. Thank you Anja for the advice! Last but not least we visited London Central and Westminster. Our hotel was in Belgravia, just around the corner of Victoria station and a good starting point.
Meeling / ibb Portobello Market is on the list for the next trip.
Time flew and I´d love to see more, more, MORE.

Some trip pics here

11 comments:

Kaylovesvintage said...

next time we should have some coffee in London and I show you the town...good old London

Meeling said...

Great pics! We stayed in Camden last time I was there - it's definitely a bustling area, but so full of life. Glad you had a good time. :-)

Sandra Monat said...

Kay, I take you for granted :)

Meeling, I just got a glimpse of Camden, besides the market and Canal, but it seemed like a very vibrant area. I especially liked the hippy flair.

ibb said...

So there will be a next time...that the most important...
Great that you enjoyed!

Musenkind am Meer said...

Tolle Fotos! Deine Leidenschaft für diese irre Stadt kann ich gut verstehen. Ich möchte so gerne noch mal im September hin und "The last night of the proms" im Hyde Park miterleben.

Deine Conny

Elisa said...

Great to see you had a good time!

Next summer we will be there for a few days again. Having fun in advance already!

Can you recommend your hotel? The hostel we slept was ok. Bunk beds :)

Elisa said...

Oh, saw your flickr set. The Hotel looks so sweet.
Something to dream about :)

Paul was for work in London a few weeks ago and gave me Rob Ryan's 2013 calendar. With 12 Ikea Lp frames we have great art on our wall now!

Sandra Monat said...

@ ibb: I hope so

@Conny: im Sommer würde ich auch gerne mal hin. Ich frage mich gerade wie die Engländer im Sommer wohl gekleidet sind, wenn sie schon im Winter in kurzen Hosen und Chiffonblüschen unterwegs sind...

@Elisa: great, something to look forward to. Yes, I can recommend the Lime Tree Hotel, my impression was that it´s a lovely family business with heart and soul and the location is ideal too. But I think for my next London trip, I would think about getting an accommodation in Shoreditch/Spitalfields, because I liked the area so much.

Melissa Kojima said...

What fun. I know those kind of whirlwind trips. Just not enough time to see all the amazing sites. Sounds like you saw and did plenty anyway! Glad to hear it. Love this photo. I'll check out your Flickr account.

Cyriaque_L said...

London ! My dream ! I used to live at about 2 hours drive from London and could not have enough time to go there. But I am planning to visit this town next year !

Cara Hamil said...

London is is my dream city. For me who likes football, London is a city of football club: arsenal, chelsea, tottenham, fulham etc