Tuesday, September 11, 2012

100 Book Covers to fight Illiteracy


this is my contribution to the doedemee project 100 Book Covers to fight Illiteracy

 "100 people from 28 countries, based on credentials and interests, creating an international and diverse group of contemporary artists. Each of these artists has re-covered a classic novel that appears on the Observers list '100 Greatest Novels of All Times'."

Posters were printed and an exhibition of the collection was opened on September 8th International Literacy Day, in Antwerp City Hall. The expo runs until September 16th. More exhibition sites will follow. UNESCO is also supporting this project.

Have a look here at the amazing collection of posters, or on facebook. Posters are also sold online. Profits of sale will be donated to the fight against illiteracy.

I´d be happy if you like my poster :)

Thank you for helping spread the word!

18 comments:

ibb said...

I like a look...

Lillith Rose said...

Und wie ich dein Poster mag...total klasse !
Sei ganz lieb gegrüßt Yvonne

Elisa said...

Great poster!
Really scary.

How are you doing in the new studio.
Been working in your pyjama already?
That is my favorite advantage from a in home studio.

Love and luck to you.

Meeling said...

Very cool and spooky!! What a great casue.

mona said...

Ein großartiger Entwurf. Schade, dass das Porto so extrem hoch ist...

Melissa Kojima said...

Oh my goodness! I love your interpretation of this cover. I'm actually working on a paper puppet of this character so that makes it really fun to see what you created for it. Love it. I'll check out the other covers. What a wonderful project to fight illiteracy.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

jfidz said...

Great interpretation. Simple but very effective.

Kristin L said...

Those are wonderful posters! I think yours is one of the best, and I'm not just saying that to be nice.

Sonya Philip said...

It's fantastic! Sinister yet playful - hard combo to achieve.

Sandra Monat said...

many thanks to you all!!!

Carine said...

beautiful and funnny poster.

Jamie said...

20I love it...now I'll go "like it".

valen-tonia said...

Gerade heute an Dich gedacht. Habe nämlich eine von Deinen tollen Karten verschickt. Das Poster ist genial!!!
Ganz liebe Grüße Martina

Anonymous said...

TERRIFIC

Lidar said...

Sorry, im the anonymous, tech problems :) still TERRIFIC...

Kim Hayes said...

Love it. I am envious of your involvement.
I thought of you on my recent discovery...happy weekend.

Kaylovesvintage said...

looks amazing
little parcel on the way

Jennifer said...

LOVE it!