Monday, July 18, 2011

the softest gift


a lumbago attack is with me since end of last week. Today I couldn´t sit anymore and finally had to overcame
my doctorphobia.
After some pain killer injections in the back plus a bit deeper
and a relaxant treatment for the night, I´m now looking forward to sleep straight through the night!


The rest of the day I spent at home, wrapped in a beautiful granny blanket.


It´s so soft and cozy and is keeping the back perfectly warm.

The blanket was made by my beloved friend Cornelia and given to me as a gift.
Thank you Conny, I love you!

Saturday I held my first  KOMPOTTfabrik "workshop" {despite lumbago - call me tough}.
7 ladies and a dog had a good time together. You can see pictures here , here and here

12 comments:

elisa said...

Get well soon! And may you have great dreams. Must work under that beautiful blanket :)

Meeling said...

The quilt looks perfect for cuddling up in!! I hope your back feels better soon.

Love the t-shirts!!!

Lunacy said...

Eine ganz tolle Decke hast du da geschenkt bekommen. Ich wünsche dir gute Besserung.
LG
Anja

studio meyer said...

a true work of love. und: böser lumbago geh weg. bleib tapfer.

Britten said...

Gute Besserung für dich, hoffe das geht schneller mit der tollen Decke.

Kannst du auch mal im Norden einen Druckworkshop anbieten? Die Fotos machen so viel Lust! Woher bekommt man denn die Riesenradiesgummis, woraus der Glühbirnenstempel wurde? Das würde ich auch gerne mal testen...

Viele Grüße
BRitta

Bego said...

oh no, i know the (painful) feeling! glad you're better now. no doubt the blanket helped, it's lovely :)

Kim Hayes said...

Hope you feel better soon. And if you have to be in bed it is great to have a beautiful blanket to sooth the soul. : )

rike said...

dir gute besserung und lieben dank fuer die links. es ist immer wieder schoen zu sehen was aus dem stempelgummi wurde ...

freundlich grueßt
RIKE

Karen Kyle Ericson said...

Oh! I have doctorphobia too! It sounds like you are better today : ) I hope so. My Grandma made all of her grandchildren afghans (granny blankets) before she died, they sure are nice. have a great day!

handmade romance said...

your granny blanket is divine. what a lovely gift x

handmade romance said...

oh and i do really hope your pain subsides and you feel much better soon xx

Kitchen Benchtops said...

I love this variation on the Granny! that's a lovely blanket, I really like the colors and the border!