Friday, August 06, 2010

unconventional screen printing - an attempt




I found a video tutorial on youtube for some unconventional screenprinting,
which doesn´t need so much material as doing it the conventional way
(screenprinters better look away)

Instead of an embroidery hoop I made a screen by using a wooden frame and
a piece of polyester fabric I already had, with the help of this tutorial
(it´s in German, but I think you get an idea from the pics how it works)

I could not find the bespoken "Mod podge" in my art supply store,
so I took some other podge from decopatch, which worked as well.



Besides the podge I had to buy: a squeegee and screenprinting color.
I choosed a dark brown from Decaprint



the first results are not perfect and the fabric I used was too wide meshed as shows the pic above
(although I even like the screen effect), but I think for smaller images
it could work as a nice and cheap way to screenprint.

Will keep on trying...

10 comments:

ibb said...

I like the efect of the first attempt.
It is not bad. It looks great.

Margie Oomen said...

i think it looks amazing
almost has a vintage feel to it

FeeMail said...

da kann ich mich nur anschließen. für mich als laie sieht das spitze aus!

Beate Knappe said...

danke für deine immer hochinteressanten Links .-))))
habe übrigens gerade einen Käsekuchen gebacken :-))

Cyriaque_L said...

That's so great ! I like this effect ! That's something I wanted to try but I am not sure I can do it...Anyway, your results, even the first, are very interesting !

Cheryl G. said...

I bought "More Softies Only a Mother Could Love".
I love your work!
It looks like I have to buy more books!

Lucy in the Sky said...

Nicht schlecht! Ich finde auch, dass man gerade mit dem gerasterten Effekt weitermachen müsste - nicht als Ersatz für Siebdruck, sondern für etwas ganz anderes, eigenes.

Anonymous said...

Ich stimme zu- der Effekt ist toll! Ich wuerd so weitermachen :)

Kristina said...

Hallo Sandra,
ich freue mich, dass ich Dir mit meiner kleinen Anleitung zum Thema "Selberbespannen von Sieben" weiterhelfen konnte! Das Ergebnis finde ich auch gut- gerade der "gerasterte" Effekt sieht cool aus.
Die Idee mit dem Acrylbinder/leim als Siebfüller finde ich superspannend- weil genial einfach und preiswert- und das werde ich auf jeden Fall ausprobieren!

Also, gutes Gelingen und ich bin schon gespannt auf die weiteren Ergebnisse!

Viele Grüße aus Hamburg

Kristina

P.S. Werde jetzt erst mal gemütlich in deinem Blog schmökern- sehr schön, was ich bis jetzt gesehen habe!

Nadja said...

Hey, das sieht doch garnicht so schlecht aus :-)