Wednesday, April 14, 2010

precious gifts



The wooden box on top of the cabinet is stuffed with old sewing supplies.
It´s my grandmothers and it was given to me last week.I can´t tell you how precious it is to me.
In German this kind of storage is called "Naehkoerbchen"
What´s the English word?

The picture to the right is a beautiful vintage linen teatowel from a
friend. I pinned it to a white cork board. Thank you so much Elke!



I´m back to the wild boys, preparing for an exhibition in May



recieved another customer picture, telling me
that viking Blackbeard has to stand at the window every morning waving to
the girl when she´s leaving the house for kindergarden.
Thank you Kristina! You made my day

7 comments:

PilliPilli Handmade said...

Hello!

I think the english word is "sewing basket" (even though this is a box... sewing box, then maybe?) And it is a very precious thing indeed!

Hearts!
k.

PS. love the teatowel as well...

Léo said...

I dont know what is the english word, but in France we call that a "Couseuse" ! And it's the same word for both the basket and the sewer :)

Mine come from my grand-mother too, and like you it's really precious...

Beate Knappe said...

Oh, ich habe auch so einen alten Näkasten, doch der ist von meiner Mutter - ich bin eben alt.....

ibb said...

I think my grandmother has one still. Lovely!

陳哲毓念阿彌陀佛往生西方極樂世界 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kristin L said...

k. is right, the literal translation is sewing basket, but we'd call a wooden one like your a sewing box. :-)

herzensart said...

thank you Katrien and Kristin for helping me out with the English word.

Léo, I like the French "Couseuse" and I think it´s funny that it also means sewer :)