Tuesday, December 29, 2009

as if universe would know

an email in my inbox yesterday:

"I opened my package on Christmas day (I was able to resist on Christmas Eve) and am thrilled by the viking I found inside. Although I was anticipating really liking him, I am surprised just how much this has proven to be the case. I want to bring him with me everywhere - you would think I was a child, not a grown woman! I ordered him as a gift to myself to remind me to keep my creative and imaginative side alive. When I found your site and saw the items you make, it brought me back to when I was a kid and used to make elaborate scenes of villages with little people wearing pointed hats and all the things they would be doing (riding horses, having snowball fights, sliding down hills, standing on top of castles, shooting arrows)...and I wondered why it's so hard to be imaginative like that as an adult. Maybe because we are supposed to be so smart and serious to know these imaginary things don't really exist? Anyway, I want to be more playful, magical, and exploratory with my drawings and creative projects, and I got myself this viking as my mascot/talisman to remind me to keep that kind of childlike wonder alive. "

These lines touched me deeply. I recieved them in a moment I was down and stuck and not creative at all. Felt like a messages from universe.

THANK YOU Susan for reminding me that sometimes all you have to do is to allow yourself to play. I´m feeling better today


11 comments:

Cassandra Allen said...

Last night I watched Where The Wild Things Are. Your post today reminded me of the film. Have you seen it? I thoroughly enjoyed it.

herzensart said...

Cassandra I haven´t seen it yet, but definitely will. Thank you!

Paperama said...

What a wonderful message - always so amazing when someone takes the time to sit down and write something like this...

Beate Knappe said...

oh ja, das tut gut und genau so sehe ich es auch, wir müssen unser Inneres Kind spielen lassen,sonst können wir nicht kreativ sein. Meine Tochter, 32, hat sich über das Mobile der fliegenden Pferde von Dir sehr gefreut
:-))))

Musenkind am Meer said...

Eine wundervolle Botschaft! Die Zeit ist reif!

Cornelia

isabelle said...

very touching letter ...

moetjatja said...

wonderfull if you can touch a soul with your work. And that letter ia a beautiful way to tell; keep on going! I enjoy your blog and creativity, too.

Kristin L said...

Sometimes the universe is right on target. :-) Cheers to a happy, healthy and creative new year!

Laura B said...

What a beautiful message! I think this is one of the most important things we can all do, play.
Wishing you peace & joy in the year ahead.
Laura x

ibb said...

Be a child again, everyday, hidden behind an adult cloth, jumping, singing in the rain, playing to guess cloud forms, dancing when noone is seing...don´t loose that! You remind us with everylittle post and work.

nerd1 said...

wahnsinn was ihr alles macht.
und dann auch noch so schöne sachen!!!!
bin begeistert!

grüße D