Wednesday, August 05, 2009

my gipsy heart...



my gipsy heart is calling and makes me dreaming of going on a long journey in an old, nostalgic camper - a VW bus for example.
One I could restore and transform to my rolling living- and workspace.

For some time of the year I would travel, taking my sewing supplies with me, fabrics and of course Friederike! and together we would visit inspiring places and stay wherever we want to stay. We would meet interesting people and sell our handmade creatures "on the road" so to say.

So far the dream, a long dreamed dream in few words.

Some days ago while searching the internet for old vehicles (not with intent to buy one, only to collect pics for supporting/visualizing my dream with a collage in my journal)
I stumpled upon a blog that made me almost fell off my chair. There it was - THE visualization of my dreams.

Since that day I almost can´t think of anything else than "Bedford", which is the name of this incredible former horse box and rolling Bobby Dazzler gallery.

But since neither I can afford a Bedford nor any other camper, I keep on dreaming and sewing.






10 comments:

anzele said...

It 's beautiful...do you know this one: http://www.busselecta.com/bus/?
It's a fun game to play!
Your work so nice...congratulations!

herzensart said...

this is really funny, thank you :)

Kristin L said...

You have a wonderful dream. How funny that someone else is living it. I hope you dream comes true some day too.

Musenkind am Meer said...

Auf der Strasse der Träume fahren, wie herrlich! Mit Sack und Pack hinaus in die schöne Welt. Du machst Dein Ding, man spürt und sieht es!

Weiterhin gute Fahrt!
Cornelia

Beate Knappe said...

Oh ja, ich kann dich so gut verstehen- manchmal möchte ich das das auch, einfach einen Wagen voll packen und losfahren und sich den Wind um die Nase wehen lassen.Unterwegs sein - on the road- was für ein Leben...
Dein VW Bus ist absolut wunderbar

Margie Oomen said...

I think we have very similar dreams.
Modern day gypsy makers of things :)

Uschi said...

Wie wär's.....
du nähst ganz viele solche "Männer-Kissen" ( hüstel...ein Klischee, ich weiß)...(ansonsten das perfekte Weihnachtsgeschenk...Lamborghini, Ente, alter Fantomas-Citroen...)und all dies Geld kommt in eine spezielle Spardose für DEINEN Bus!

Dein Kissen-Bus ist viel viel viel schöner als die spinnerten Plastik-Modelle im Regal, die sich in den Rücken bohren, wenn man drauf herumliegen und träumen möchte ;)

Alissa Nicolau said...

Adorable... never stop dreaming!

likeschocolate said...

My friend gave birth to her 2nd child in one of these vans. Didn't make it to the hospital on time.

elisa said...

Paul's dream is a bus like this :)Today he is wearing a t-shirt with a orange VW bus print.

Maybe one day we could drive to my little wood house with it :)
Dreams are the best!
May they all come true.