Saturday, August 01, 2009
making of the Bobby - part II
my Bobby seems to become a story of try and error.
I had printed that little badges for the helmet now on fabric with my printer, as this was the easiest way to go on.
It´s ok for the first but it´s maybe not the final solution yet.
The blue thread I used for the application looked ugly after sewing
(you can see a bigger picture by clicking on the pic) and so I had to unseam it again.
Next I tried white thread and this looks better to me.
The white line around the badge gives a nice contrast and looks neat
Afterwards the Bobby was ready to be sewn together and stuffed.
And this is the result:
key learning: what looks good and in good proportion when flat and one dimensional,
doesn´t have to look good and well proportioned when stuffed.
But I won´t give up. I have to make some changes to the pattern and try again.
"Making of" to be continued....
Hoboyard Toy Collective
For now I´m wishing you a sunny and joyful weekend!