Sunday, February 22, 2009

Australian felt work





a few days ago Friederike! and I recieved an incredible gift. A bundle of beautiful felt art made by Australian textile artist Tanya Peters. I so love what she makes from wonderful soft Merino wool. As I have a thing for vessels, I couldn´t be happier about the sweet pod and the little hanging nest she sent and my dresses are happy about some extra color added by these 2 lovely brooches.

Tanya has just openend an etsy store, called Tum Tum Tree Designs, which you should check out and where you can catch some of her amazing felt pieces.

********************************************************

I ordered a copy of "A Year if Mornings", a book by Maria Alexandra Vettese and Stephanie Congdon Barnes.

Nicola from Nicoletter wrote me an email telling me, that there was also a picture showing one of my herzensart vikings, peeping out from behind curtains (yes it´s tiny :o). Besides I always loved the photographs and works of Maria and Stephanie, this was even more a good reason to get their book. This viking was one of my first vikings I´ve ever made (I think it was number 2) and I´m so proud that he´s a member of the Congdon Barnes family.


I even discovered a second pic, showing again the vikings head peeping from a cardboard box :)
Bye for today. Enjoy your Sunday.... will have a piece of homemade apple pie now (cause there are still tons of apples in the cellar...)

8 comments:

Cary Walker said...

love that book, and immediately recognized your work. very cool!

Louise said...

My husband bought me that book for my last birthday and as soon as I saw this post I jumped up to find your little fellow in it's pages. Such an inspiring book. It's also amazing how small this world is.

FeeMail said...

diese ersten beiden objekte erinnern mich irgendwie an einen skalp. oder ein ekliges tiefseetier. was jetzt keinesfalls abwertend sein soll... war nur meine erste assoziation!

Friederike! and Sandra said...

@Fee: ok... nach der Reaktion meines Mannes "sieht aus wie Schrumpfkopf", wundere ich mich über KEINE Assoziation mehr :)

nicoletter said...

Oh, I didn't saw the second picture of the little viking. I have to look at my exemplar of the book again. Thank you for linking my nicoletter webpage. Makes me smile.

Roshnee said...

very very cool!

absolutely love your workk!

furrybees said...

Lucky you! There's something wonderfully organic and Australian about those vessels. A little piece of Down Under in your part of the world!

hmstrjam said...

love the peeping viking