Tuesday, January 13, 2009

S like Softies and Studio


I´m still recieving kind emails from people asking about the 2 softies books, that were published by Penguin Australia in 2007 and 2008, entitled "softies" and "more softies", which also include 3 herzensart patterns. I thought it would be a good idea to make a post about it.

Unfortunately the books are only available in Australia. I have no clue why they can´t be ordered via Amazon, that would be a good thing, I think.
The publisher offered me to order books for resale at authors discount, but the shipping costs to Europe are so incredible high and besides the freight, customs have also to be paid. So the price I´d had to sell them for would be ridiculous high. That makes currently no sense to me.

But I found an online bookstore on the publishers website, which is also delivering worlwide. Both books are available there. I sent them an email and asked about shipping costs to Europe, will let you know about this...

Speaking about books: those of you who had also written because of the wonderful MAJA book: I wrote an email to Mari Savio, one of the authors and she answered:

"I asked from the publisher about this and we hope you´ll get the books soon !
The book will probably be translated and we are working now on the sample translation. Then we will try to find a foreign publisher who likes the book too...
We will tell you as soon as we know where and how to get them.
(maybe amazon.com...)"

That sounds good to me. Will keep you posted...

*********************************************************************

news from the renovation front:
a whiter shade of pale.... at least compared with the former yellow of the tiles


6 comments:

FeeMail said...

Dabei war das doch ein soo hübsches Gelb ;-)! Erinnerte mich an Schlachthaus oder Bahnhostoilette. Nett eben! Oh bin ich gemein...

Beate Knappe said...

weiß ist immer gut - bin gespannt auf das Ergebnis :-)))

Die Schaubude said...

...bin auch schon so gespannt ;) ...weiß ist für ein studio wirklich das beste aber vielleicht kommt ja doch noch ein farbkleks bin gespannt und verfolge ;) Tanja

Laura B said...

Things are looking good! Hope the painting and coffee drinking is going well :)

myriam kemper said...

Oh, das sieht doch schon prima aus... ich hoffe es ist noch genug Kraft und Motivation in den Armen für den Rest...

Lieben Gruß von
myriam.

Fru Sommer said...

Hi,

I would also like to know, if the books are available in Europe - they look soooo nice.

best regards from DK