Monday, September 01, 2008

s l o w

gosh, is it really September?
Everythings pretty slow these days at herzensart studio. I feel like an 160 years old turtle, tired after sleep deprivation, my joints are hurting, since weeks my right hand suffers from a tendosynovitis, which comes and goes. I´m moving slowly, working slowly, thinking slowly... I guess my body and soul are still on sabbatical.
But an exhibition deadline is coming in big steps so I´m trying to convince my brain to concentrate and my hands to do their job and cut and sew and stuff.

2 new books at my "better-spend-your-evening-with-books-than-watching-TV-table" that I´d like to share with you.

My travelin eye by Jenny Sue Kostecki-Shaw, an artist and illustrator whose work I love so very much!

"Jenny Sue’s eyes are not the same as other people’s eyes. Her right eye looks in one direction, while her left eye sometimes wanders. Jenny Sue has a travelin’, lazy eye. Although it makes her different, it also helps her see the world in a special way. Here is a charming story about one very inspiring little girl who overcomes her disability and offers inspiration to others."

Little house on a small planet by Shay Salomon. For those of you who are interested in the small building/living there is also a interview with the author at youtube.



Have a great week!

7 comments:

Beate Knappe said...

Gute Besserng für deinen Arm und viel Erfolg für die Ausstellung

coloredsock said...

hey Sandra! i'm so happy you like my book! and our friends' Shay and Nigel's book, too. we've really got a lot of creative ideas from their book that we are going to use when we build onto our house.

it's fun to see your work in process. i love your colors and patterns. do each of your dolls have stories that go with them? they seem to... hope your body catches back up with you wild, creative soul! xoj

Marianne said...

Hi Sandra, Is it a typical plushmakers thing to have problems with the arms? My elbow is giving me a hard time and is slowing things down as well... not good timing since it's showtime the next few months! So I understand how you must be feeling. All the best with your hand!!

herzensart journal said...

@Beate: vielen Dank!
@coloredsock: The world needs more encouraging stories like yours. Your illustrations are simply wonderful all those little details make it so special
your friends book small houses.... is a great source of inspiration. Love it too!
Some of my dolls (especially the wild vikings, do have a short story)
@Marianne: yes that seems to be the risk that comes with our job, is there any insurance for our arms, elbows and wrists? ;)

Alissa Nicolau said...

Hello,
I love your blog. I love your studio. I love, love, love your Vikings!! I want them. I think my son would like them, I think. But, I want them!

I wish you were my neighbor. I'd want to sit near a window and watch you sew. I'd have a whole lot of questions. You'd eventually kick me out because I had so many questions!

I look forward to seeing your new creations always. I am also saving up my pennies for oh, a Viking or maybe a Viking backpack, or maybe the ship...

Thank you for brightening my blogging world!

Alissa

herzensart journal said...

thank you so much Alissa! Shall I watch out for vacant houses in the neighbourhood? I´m sure we´d had a lot of fun together :o)

elisa said...

Sandra, I try to do as much different things as I can, so drawing, cutting, sewing not for hours at a time but one afther eachother. That helps to keep the pain in my hands less.
What a great viking :)