Tuesday, August 05, 2008

vision quest

nearby in the woods there´s a vacant, beautiful little house. One has to climb down a few stairs to get there as it´s placed in a hollow. Due to the sunshade and a barbecue grill it´s probably somebodys weekend residence.

Dealing with "visions" in the last days I came across reading about Indian spirituality and the "vision quests" ritual, wich is a journey alone into the wilderness. The goal is to recieve a vision through fasting and quiet reflection.
When finding this little house, I wondered if I would dare to stay there alone for some time. There´s no street light, no neighbours, only the sound of the wind in the trees and frog croaking from the nearby tarn. For sure a good thing when seeking for answers. But being alone in the woods scares me...

4 comments:

deedeen said...

I'm quite easily afraid, but I think I could stay there a while...

shula said...

I'd happily live there.

Suana said...

Oh, what a beautiful little fairy tale house and those trees, wow!

I have lived in the woods all alone for 6 weeks and I can tell you, initially it is scary, pitch black at night, the sound of nocturnal animals, the wind and during the day there is you and nature, the sounds, the silence... but it changes you, it connects you to nature and spirituality. It makes you vulnerable and strong...

herzensart journal said...

@Suana: wow 6 weeks alone ... hats off. But I can imagine that it is a good and maybe life changing thing.