Thursday, March 22, 2007

this and that

I feel a bit sad and knocked down. I wonder if I should make another try to find out my roots. One and a half years ago, I was found next to this dumpster, set out, agitated and with loss of memory. After a few days, we posted bills in the surrounding area, searching for my family. But nobody ever called. I really feel comfortable with where I am now. I even would say I was never so happy in my whole life before - if I would remember - and most of the days I can deal with having lost my past, but sometimes... Shall I try again?

A while ago, somebody asked me to draw a sketch of my studio, it should be published on an art blog. I don´t know if this ever happened, but now I´m uploading this sketch here, otherwise I would have done this of no earthly use. Not that this would be the only thing done with no use, but...
Then... here comes Susi: not half as shy as her 3 sisters....
another not really happy looking sheep . Bye, bye for now, Friederike!




8 comments:

Anabel said...

Yes!! I sent you an e-mail. You studio is here, in this magazine online:

http://www.welovecraftsmag.com

(It´s in spanish)

Marieke said...

Hi Friederike I'm so sorry to hear you are a bit sad because of not knowing your roots, but maybe just maybe I know something to help you a little.

I remembered seeing some other sheeps just like you and the sad one on Flickr that are living in a store in my hometown. You know about my walking problem but I promise you as soon as I'm more flexible again I will go into town to make a picture of them. As far as I know they are Texeler sheep that originally came from one of the dutch islands called Texel.

They were send out into the world to tell people about the wonderful products that are made from the wool of the sheeps that live on this island and so I somehow believe you're a member of that wonderful family of dutch sheep!

Probably the store you were send to didn't treath you the way you should have been treathed, resulting in your memoryloss. But I'm pretty sure you are so much better of at Sandra's house with her loving care and all the wonderfull friends she's creating!

Lot's of love from me!

sheree said...

What a darling doll, Sandra! Love her little apron. What perfect colors. :)

sheree

Søren said...

oh dear Friederike! Please don't be sad, you seem to have a spendid new home. I'm sorry you can't remember where you come from, but perhaps you can just be happy about where you are now and nice plans for the future?

Friederike! said...

Thank you Anabel, I have seen the pictures on flickr now!

@Marieke: to offer your help is so generous and very appreciated. A friend of mine has been to Texel too and watched out for my ancestors, but dind´t find them. Maybe you are lucky. Thank you!

@Sheree: I´m glad you like my doll. Without your fabric scraps she wouldn´t be so pretty. Thank you!

@Soeren: thank you for your consoling words. You are right, looking forward is better than looking back.

Florence said...

Susi is just lovely :)

Friederike, happy days follow sad ones. Even the seasons change. Perhaps one day you'll recover the missing pieces....

xx

Virginia said...

Beautiful Friederike and also congrats for the interview!!!

Virginia said...

Friederike

Sometime is really nice too see the future.. myself I dont know my roots BUT i can build a new ones!!! ;)