Wednesday, November 15, 2006

we open the doors

of our studio on Sunday, 19th November from 11 to 6 p.m. for visitors.


Throughout 3 weekends, starting with last weekend, Colognes artists open their studios to community viewing. If you live in Cologne, or nearby drop by, say hello and make a blue sheep and a girl happy.
So only 4 days left for preparing, which means first of all giving the pink wall in the studio a new colour. Any suggestions for the colour? We tend to paint it white, we love the fresh and airy feeling of white rooms and it makes it easier to display our differnt art works. But on the other hand winter is on the way and we know how cold white rooms can make you feel....

But one is for sure, the time for pink walls is over. (The picture above was made before the pink-period)

Talking of white rooms, take a
House Tour

Latest web-finds: Mieke Driessen and her funny world project

KaizerModo

Maybe ´til Sunday... Love, Friederike! and Sandra

7 comments:

tonja_raeubertochter said...

what about green? ;-) just a joke.
i think a cream-white like a burbon-vanilla-ice would be a good choice for your wall.

yours anja

melanie said...

oh, wenn ich zeit habe - bin ich da!

Friederike! said...

tonja I love warm colors also, but I´m not sure if it fits that well to the white furniture...hm hm hm

Melanie wuerde mich sehr freuen Dich kennenzulernen .-) (oh ein einäugiger Smily)

Kelly said...

White. Even in winter. It's airy, clean, shows off your art. can't beat it. Wish I lived closer so I could be there Sunday! Love your blog.

shula said...

I had a bedroom once, that was painted the most beautiful 1930s feedsack blue, and have always remembered it, it always had a calming effect on both me and my crying baby.

Just a thought.

Friedereke would enjoy it. Sheep need a lot of calm, in my experience.

Shell said...

Oh, it's hard for me to say because I love the pink!!!! But what about a sage green colour?

Your studio looks great - wish I could come visit on your open studio days - too far to go though!!!! Have fun!

Shell said...

Oooh, just had another look - I think red would look great in this room - the right shade of course!