Thursday, October 26, 2006

Bavarian air ...

collage of my hometown visit

[post by Sandra] I was breathing bavarian air for the last few days. It feels good to be "home" again, to spend time with the family, making long walks through a beautiful nature with "Luna", my brothers dog, meeting old childhood friends, that I hadn´t seen for the last 20 years. Chatting for hours over the past, while eating delicious dinner and drinking wine in a restaurant that I haven´t been in since years. So many remembrences awaking, that had slumbered in the deep.
Many things have stayed the same in this little town Straubing, where I spent the first 18 years of my life. Even the discotheque I´ve been hanging around as a teenager still exists. Unfortunately many of the small shops, that had individual stuff disappeared.

But there´s also an amazing new shop named "der andere ton" that´s absolutely worth a visit. I bought an Advent wreath that shop owner Christina Kronawitter knitted and chrotched by herself. Christina also makes funny clothes "mein herzblut"

So long for today, I´m taking a deep breath of Colognes air and have to acclimate now. Love Sandra




2 comments:

bogi said...

Hi you two ;)
I like the photo-collage very much!
And I'm happy to read about your visit to your hometown. As I'm back to mine, I feel almost nothing like that. So I think it has something to do with my age...I was very young when I left. Hope to c u soon, Bogi.

PS: I voted for Mana ;))

Luna said...

Echt nette Bilder, manches davon kommt mir irgendwie bekannt vor. Eine tolle Idee so eine Collage auszustellen. Was soll ich sagen, ausser jederzeit wieder. Seid immer willkommen... Übrigens, Mana 1Point