Wednesday, August 30, 2006

silence


a friend told me in one of her latest emails, "I must be silent at the moment". And I knew exactly how she felt and what she ment. I needed to be silent too for a few days, no blogging, no flickr activities, no loud music and films, not much talking to people. I used the time to concentrate on myself, clearing the studio out, and also the living room, working on new dream guardians and Manas, drinking roibosh caramel tea against the cold inside the house (it rains since weeks), reading books, wearing my pantofus for the first time this summer, trying to drown out the endouring rain showers with piano music and the beautiful sounds of Oi Va Voi.... altogether a big yearning for retreat and silence.
How about you?

xo Friederike!

4 comments:

julie said...

I really know this feeling and need some silent time but its impossible for me..i hope you feel renewed :)
I love the music you linked to - thank you!

Shula said...

Sounds heavenly.

Thank you for your beautiful blog comments about Dads. You understood perfectly. I wish I had called the post rapprochement. Perfect word.

And you say your English isn't so good?

I beg to differ.

jessica said...

silence is wonderful.

thank you for your good wishes for my trip!

XT moveis e acessorios artesanais said...

YOU ARE IN FACT QUIET!!!!
BUT THEM , ME ALSO.MISS TALKING TO YOU , CONGRATULATION FOR THE NEW WEBSITE!!CLEAN AND PROFESSIONAL!!

KISS GRAÇA PAZ